Last year we gathered in front of Pantages (before it was all knocked down) and painted the walls with visions of a future where everyone in our community is housed and healthy and where no one faces the threat of eviction, displacement, and homelessness. On April 23 the Vancouver Development Permit Board approved the proposal for condos on the Pantages site despite massive DTES community opposition. Come join the community in the street on June 2nd to renew our commitment to fighting this condo project and winning 100% resident controlled social housing on the 100-block of East Hastings. There will be paint, pancakes, a petting zoo, and some speakers too. All you need to bring is your self and your hopes and will to fight for the future of DTES low-income communities.
Search on this site
Top Posts and Pages
- March against condo gentrification & BC Housing bailout of Sequel 138
- Rally & March to STOP PANTAGES CONDOS, Tuesday December 11, 2pm
- Townhall Nov 28: ENDING CYCLES OF DISPLACEMENT
- “Woodward’s East” condos rezoning decision Tuesday at City Hall
- “Woodward’s East” condo rezoning hearing continues Thursday…
- Stop the “Woodward’s east” condo proposal by Raycam!
- 6th annual Women’s Housing March Saturday September 15