A coalition of community activists are asking Vancouver city council to buy a former vaudeville theatre and dedicate it exclusively to social housing. They say that if the city allows a condo development to go ahead in the building, it will cause an explosion of gentrification in the heart of the Downtown Eastside.
Search on this site
Top Posts and Pages
- March against condo gentrification & BC Housing bailout of Sequel 138
- Rally & March to STOP PANTAGES CONDOS, Tuesday December 11, 2pm
- Townhall Nov 28: ENDING CYCLES OF DISPLACEMENT
- “Woodward’s East” condos rezoning decision Tuesday at City Hall
- “Woodward’s East” condo rezoning hearing continues Thursday…
- Stop the “Woodward’s east” condo proposal by Raycam!
- 6th annual Women’s Housing March Saturday September 15